Search This Blog

Friday 20 October 2017

Weekly Summaries- Dynamic Animation- Week 4

Weekly Summaries- Dynamic Animation
Week 4: (20.10.17)
What I learnt:
This week we focused on animated Jumps and anticipation. Using a sampler of key frames as reference, I drew out my own key frames, such as the contact poses, passing frames and extremes. What I found tricky was adding the in-betweens, judging the amount to add and spacing to give a true illusion of a jump. The importance was to have the anticipation before the jump to make the movement more realistic. I researched into a video ‘Principle of Animation- Anticipation’ and anther called ‘Anticipation- the 12 principles of animation’ by Alan Becker.
Progress this week:

In my research, I found a book of the photographer Edward Muybridge, his photos showed the movements of human beings, nude doing ordinary things such as run, walk and jump from different perspectives, this has helped me further analyse the walk cycle process from a more realistic approach. I also found walk cycles in a book called ‘Animation Handy Guide’. It mostly contained simplified diagrams and information already taught to us, however it suggests using the least number of frames of possible to create the illusion which I found interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment