Search This Blog

Friday 20 October 2017

Weekly Summaries- Character Design- week one

Weekly Summaries- Character Design




Week 1:
This week we began looking at character design, we were introduced into the brief; to create a biped character.
We also learnt a design process, of using abstract shapes to form characters by doodling them into characters, tend developing them by experimenting with
shapes and constantly refining. We also looked at shape theory and archetype theory, how these two connect together.
we were challenged to create a very new character, using the process.
My research this week took me to 'My 7 steps to great character design' a YouTube video by Aron Blaize, and 'character design-the basics' by Catalyst studio.
For my character design research, i adventured into Norwich Castle museum to get a variety of inspiration. What I liked the most was the elegant peacock in the animal
section and the interesting diverse shapes of the teapots, for my character design. I also did a few observational drawings of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment