Search This Blog

Friday 6 October 2017

Ball Bounce- squash and stretch #Test1





Previously mentioned in the blog post, comparing my first bounce ball test compared to real footage of a bouncy ball, I wanted to produce more bounces, eight bounces just like the real bouncy ball. In this animation test, I not only added more bounces but also made the bounces thinner and taller. In the process, I created 124 frames where in my previous test I had only created forty.
I also experimented with the 'squash and stretch' principle from the '12 Principles Of Animation'.
Accidently I missed a frame, and also got a shot of my hands. Next time in my work I need to keep slower paced and more careful in the practice of uploading to Dragon Frame.


What I like about this is that the exaggeration of movement gives more energy and personality in the way the ball moves. I would like to rework on these frames to add secondary action to further empathises movement and personality into the inanimate drawings. Next time in my experimentation I will try to shorten the amount of frames to allow myself time to experiment more.







No comments:

Post a Comment