Search This Blog

Friday 6 October 2017

Weekly Summaries- Dynamic Animation- Week 2

Week 2: (6.10.17)
What I learnt:
This week we moved on to Bouncing Balls, with this practice we had to focus once again on momentum vs. gravity, and the importance of increase/decrease in spacing and timing of frames to create illusion of an object moving quickly or slowly. For reference, we watched a Ted-Talks footage on timing, speed and rhythm. For my first test, I created a pre-plan where the ball was to fall three times, the animation was smooth, however due to the lack of height with each bounce, and the lack of bounces- this gave an illusion of a heavy object what did not show to be very bouncy, like a balling bowl. However, despite this I developed it by adding a secondary action (giving the ball a face.) Adding secondary action gives a scene more life and helps support the main action.
Because of the speed, it’s hard to capture the details added.
I decided to further research into the movement of a bouncy ball by recording a footage myself of a bouncy ball, then analysed the video. In which I worked out that I needed to enhance the height of the bounces, and have eight bounces overall. Which, caused me to hoe a much-extended number of frames (124). I also decided to experiment with squash and stretch, to further exaggerate movement. Overall it was time consuming, but worked much well. It would be interesting to try another squash and stretch experiment, with less frames. It would also be interesting to add a secondary action, with the use of squash and stretch. I learnt that with in the squash and stretch principle, the volume must always stay the same, e.g as it thins it must stretch, as it fattens it must shorten.




No comments:

Post a Comment