Search This Blog

Friday 13 October 2017

Weekly Summaries- Dynamic Animation- Week 3

Weekly Summaries- Dynamic Animation

Week 3: (13.10.17)
What I learnt:

This week we moved on to character walk cycles.  I decided to research this beforehand, by watching a YouTube video, Alan Becker’s ‘walk cycle’. I learnt about the contact, down, passing and up pose. The contact pose is the one that makes contact with the ground first. The person should not move, as its easier to move the background. Contact poses should be added first, then passing poses. Up and down poses should be added last. Also, when adding arms, they should follow these rules: Arms most furthest apart on the down pose, close together on the passing pose. Overall arms should be opposite to the legs. In the session, we covered the similar grounds. Contact is the first extreme and is when the foot first hits the ground. The four building blocks are contact, down, passing, up and this continues in a loop. The session was mostly practical, once again drawing on F12 paper. I found it most useful to colour the back leg, to stop confusion. This makes the process go much smoother and quicker. With my animation, I was quick to add a secondary action of hair swinging, despite it being a little crazier then planed, the movement still worked. I later on refined by added extra details, such as a hat and dress, then going over it in fine liner, I also added water colour, which was once again time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment