Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 October 2017

Life Drawing; Hands

In todays life drawing session, we focused mainly on drawings hands. Drawing eight overall, first four in the time limit of five minuets, then the second batch only three. The male model continued to strike different poses with his hands; I found this some what challenging, some poses made it hard to draw a hand because it was over lapped with anther hand, so I had to fill in with my imagination they details and parts of the hands. Also, the model was at a angle in the middle, which made me really need to focus as he was not close.  The last drawing we did was of his full body, but due to drawing to high on the paper, and running out of time; I missed off the head. But I feel my accuracy of proportioning the body together has improved.


What I like about this drawing is the use of mixed media, accidently given extra time on this one, it enabled me to add in more shading, but with a different medium and add highlight, also in a different medium. In this, the graphite stick enabled me to give a lighter touch to the shading, which works well with the charcoal, the white chalk also linked well, with its same properties of charcoal.








No comments:

Post a Comment