Search This Blog

Friday 27 October 2017

Weekly Summaries- Character Research- Week 5

Week 5: (27.10.17)

What I learnt:
In this weekly session, we pitched our essay ideas to groups in the class, my ideas received positive feedback. Ideas such as Elsa’s previous design concept of being a villain, and Elsa being relatable to many homosexual people, with theories of her being gay, ideas were suggested to me. Also in this lesson, I was taught on the rubber hose type of animation, where animation has defied the physical laws and properties. Disney however made cartoons that obeyed the physical laws, they focused on human and animal antimony- they moved away from rubber hose style in the 1930’s. Disney creates a fake sense of reality.

Progress this week: This week I researched into articles on the internet, that talk of Frozen’s popularity. ‘They're being swept up in an obsession that, echoing my own childhood fixations, feels both communal and deeply personal. Better still, the object of the obsession has powerful things to say about sisterhood, storytelling, adolescence and female autonomy.' I also have set up an essay plan; analysing the questions from different aspects of how to answer the question (and what I will research into) I also have planned the structure of my essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment