Search This Blog

Sunday 22 October 2017

Character design ideas- rough sketches

  I like the top left one, with the cape, bow and arrow.


Taking ideas from different things I saw at the museum on Friday, I decided to create some rough basic character sketches. I took the body shape from a tea pot poster from the café with in the museum and different, a peacock, and other birds for their beaks and wings for inspiration.

More ideas of teapot body, slightly narrowed into a female, dress shape inspired from the ones in the museum. Anther feather cape, and beak hat. The feet on this one are more like a Victorian tea pot, chunky and blocky. The hair too is inspired by leafs. And a broach holds the cape together is designed of the wing bones.

In this unfinished concept, I decided to play with hair, in one the hair is made up of teacups. The second, similar outline but more loose to the first. In the last I have added feathers to the face and hair, with an tea cup hat.

This is similar to the first drawing but more of a bulky,muscular body. The beak too is different, its more round and sharp, on the side of the head, the feet are webbed like ducks, the head is also round. This character would remind me of a mentor/ alley archetype.

 rough ideas for the back and face.

No comments:

Post a Comment