Search This Blog

Friday 10 November 2017

Weekly Summaries- Character Research- Week 7

Week 7: (10.11.17)
What I learnt:
Last week was my last character research session for this brief. This week, however I had an individual tutorial with my tutor. We discussed that; ‘Elsa’ would fit the archetype of a shapeshifter and that she was more ambiguous compared to traditional fairy tales, her flaws are what make her relatable. Also mentioned was that I should reference the ‘The Snow Queen’ within my essay and the character design of ‘Elsa’; who is rather “doll” like and consists of light colours. What I need to change about my essay is the way I am citing texts, in the order of the year and author needs to be switched. Also, in my introduction I do not need to mention what I will be discussing.
Progress this week:

This week I have been focusing on my essay, along with my other briefs. This week research took me to a video called ‘what are the archetypes’ to learn further about Elsa’s character type. Also, more research if Elsa is still relevant to the current day, and what effect she had on the world when frozen first came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment