Search This Blog

Monday 6 November 2017

Fishermens movement research




Watching this footage from YouTube, I paused the video where I saw key movements of his actions of swinging the line and reeling it in. From my sketches, I have identified a pattern that continued in his movements through out the clip. Despite making different swings, he continued to form similar, repeated shapes and arm positions, which can be seen in my drawings through different parts of the clip:
 



notes from his movements:
-His body is never symmetrically portioned.
- when the reel is out, his spine is mostly in a 'S' shape, his chest leaning forwards and his lower end pointing backwards outwards.
-What ever position, when the reel is out- the  hands seems to be mirrored against each other.
- One hand is at the real, the other one is under.
-When the puts the fishing rod behind him, he twists to the left. The rod itself goes downwards from the left in a rotational circle when swung.  


 Redrew simplified versions of the drawings to note the line of actions. In all of his movement he tends to have an 's' shape going through him as he twists and turns. In my animation I shall exaggerate this greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment